- 3 cup chicken sauce
- 1 med Potato peeled, diced
- 1 med yellow squash diced fine
- 1 med zucchini or other green Squash diced fine
- 1/2 x red onion diced fine
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 1 tsp Achiote oil or paprika for coloring
- 2 x Fresh sweet corn to make 1 cup
- Freshly-ground white pepper for flavor
- In a large saucepan, bring the stock and milk to the simmer. Add the potatoes, cover, and cook until the potatoes are tender. Puree in a blender and return the puree to the saucepan. Thin if needed with water or more stock.
- In a skillet, saute quickly the two squashes and Onion in the olive oil and the achiote oil or paprika. Add to the puree.
- Bring the soup to the simmer and cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with the Cheese, which each diner can stir into the soup.
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.