- 1 lb shrimp (16 – 20); peeled, deveined and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large tomato
- 2 jalapeno chiles
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ onion
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup canned tomato juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- tabasco sauce to taste
- salt to taste
Tossed ingredients Edit
- 1 small red onion; thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 tbsp sliced scallions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add the shrimp, turn off heat, and blanch for only 1½ minutes.
- Remove immediately from water with a wire-mesh strainer, put into an ice bath to cool.
- Drain shrimp thoroughly; put in a mixing bowl.
- Place dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Pour over the shrimp and toss.
- Roast, peel, seed and chop the tomato, jalapeno chiles and red bell pepper.
- Roast and chop the onion.
- Mix with lime, orange and tomato juice.
- Add sugar, tabasco and salt.