Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 lb shrimp (16 – 20); peeled, deveined and cut in half lengthwise
Tossed ingredients Edit
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add the shrimp, turn off heat, and blanch for only 1½ minutes.
- Remove immediately from water with a wire-mesh strainer, put into an ice bath to cool.
- Drain shrimp thoroughly; put in a mixing bowl.
- Place dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Pour over the shrimp and toss.
- Roast, peel, seed and chop the tomato, jalapeno chiles and red bell pepper.
- Roast and chop the onion.
- Mix with lime, orange and tomato juice.
- Add sugar, tabasco and salt.
To serve Edit
- Just before serving, toss the ceviche with red onion, chives, scallions, and cilantro.
- Transfer to serving plates, sprinkle with the popcorn and corn nuts, and serve.