Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 lbs mondongo or librillo
- 4 spoons peanut butter (or roasted peanuts grounded)
- 1 lb potatoes
- 3 spoons achiote (annato seeds + oil)
- 1 small pealed tomato without seeds (Osterized )
- 1 medium red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 small green pepper (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (Osterized)
- ½ tsp oregano
- culantro (a herb similar to parsley)
- ajinomoto (monosodium glutamate)
- Clean the cow stomach with water and flour, leave it soaking for a while in water with lemon and clean it again 3 times.
- After the last cleaning with lemon flush it with water.
- Boil it in water with salt and throw away that 1st water.
- Boil it again with 5 cups water, achiote, ajinomoto, salt culantro and comino, when it's cooked separate the stomach from the soup and filter the soup.
- Cut the guata (stomach) in 4 squared cm (2 x 2 cm) or 1 squared inch (1"x1") pieces.
- In a pot make the refrito with the onion, tomato, garlic, green pepper, achiote, oil, salt, comino, pepper oregano and ajinomoto.
- Once the refrito is ready put the pieces of guatita in it and let them fry a little.
- Osterize the peanut butter with 3 cups of soup and add it to the guatita let it boil a while.
- When the guatita is almost ready add the potatoes cuted in small squares.
- Let boil until the potatoes are cooked and the peanut thickens, if it thickens to much add a little more soup.
- This is a main dish, not a soup, so the sauce must be thick.
- ↑ chopped finely using a food processor