Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is easy to prepare and takes maximum 40 minutes. It serves about 12 people.
- 1 box Duncan Hines golden butter recipe cake mix
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 16-ounce carton light cream or half and half
- 3 egg whites
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup light Karo syrup
- Pour into greased and floured 9x13-inch cake pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees and let cool completely.
- In a bowl, mix the milks and cream.
- Pierce cake with a fork and pour the milk mixture evenly over it and let it absorb.
- In a saucepan, melt the sugar and syrup together over low heat.
- Let cool slightly. Beat the egg whites until foamy in a large bowl.
- Slowly pour over the warm syrup and continue beating the eggs until the meringue reaches a thick consistency.
- Add vanilla.
- Frost top of cake and keep refrigerated.