- Yield: 9 servings
- 8 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1½ cups zucchini, chopped
- 16 oz water-packed, firm tofu, drained
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¾ cup water
- 4 cups fat-free marinara sauce
- 8 oz lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 4 oz mozzarella-style soy cheese, grated
- ¼ cup Parmesan-style soy cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cook the mushrooms and zucchini in a non-stick skillet until tender, adding a little water if needed.
- Set aside.
- Mash the tofu in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, dried parsley flakes, italian herb seasoning and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Combine the water and marinara sauce.
- (the extra water will be absorbed by the uncooked noodles.
- ) assemble the lasagna: put about ⅓ of the sauce on the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Top with half the uncooked noodles, half the tofu mixture, half the mozzarella-style soy cheese, and all of the mushrooms and zucchini.
- Put another ⅓ of the sauce on top, the remaining noodles, the remaining tofu and then the last ⅓ of the sauce.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella-style and parmesan-style soy cheeses.
- Cover the casserole with foil.
- Bake at 350°F for one hour.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10–15 minutes to make serving easier.
- Cut lasagna into 18 pieces (3 x 6).
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1 large piece):
- 235 calories | 5g total fat (1g sat fat) | 15g protein (5g soy protein) | 32g carbohydrate | 496mg sodium | 0mg cholesterol | 3g dietary fiber