Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Recipe For Spanish Flan, Creme Caramel, copyright 2000 Euroresidentes. Ityis Siglo Xxi, Spain
- 1 egg
- 1 small glass of milk
- 1 dessert spoon of caramel or 1 dessert spoon of sugar + 1 dessert spoon of water
- 2 dessert spoon of sugar
- Put caramel into the bottom of a metal flan mold. If premade caramel is not available, mix 1 spoonful of sugar and 1 spoonful of water in the bottom of a metal flan mold. Stir over high heat until they turn brown.
- Beat the egg with 2 spoonfuls of sugar
- Add milk and beat well
- Pour the mixture into the flan mold on top of the caramel
- Place the mold in a pan of simmering water. Make sure water is shallower than mold so none gets into the flan.
- Cook until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean
- Fruit Flan: Add small pieces of your favorite fruit (fresh or dried) to the egg and milk mixture
- Nutty flan: Add nuts to the egg and milk mixture
- Cinammon Flan: Preheat the milk with a cinnamon stick and a piece of lemon peel for ten minutes, and then allow to cool.
- Coffee Flan: Add a few drops of coffee essence to the egg and milk mixture