- Makes 8 servings
- 4 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 8 eggs, well beaten
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 x 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and pressed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium fresh tomato, diced
- Stir rice, ½ cup beaten eggs, and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese in large bowl until well blended.
- Press rice mixture into bottom of lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Beat remaining eggs, milk, salt, nutmeg and pepper until well blended.
- Stir in spinach and mozzarella cheese.
- Pour over rice, spreading spinach evenly. Sprinkle with tomato and remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 40 to 50 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving. To serve, cut quiche into 8 squares; cut each square diagonally into 2 triangles.