This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Galvan Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 large cans green beans with shelly beans
- 1 large can whole kernel corn
- 1 large can sauerkraut
- 5 slices bacon
- Drain beans, corn, and kraut (reserve kraut juice).
- Mix together beans, corn and kraut juice in large bowl with lid then place in refrigerator overnight.
- Stir several times the next morning.
- Fry bacon then remove and drain well.
- Add bacon to bean mixture then bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.