Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can tomato juice (not V-8)
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 3 cans dark red kidney beans
- chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef with salt and pepper and chopped onion; drain.
- Add tomato juice, tomatoes (go ahead and throw in the juice from these cans, too) and beans,with liquid.
- Bring to simmer, then add chili powderuntil it turns a rich, reddish-brown color.
- Allow to simmer for a while longer, then taste.
- If it doesn't have enough kick for you, add more chili powder, or use what i use; a few splashes of habanera sauce.
- If all you can taste is the tomatoes, add a little more salt, or a few pinches of table sugar.