Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe is a quick and easy no-weep meringue recipe.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Nick Malgieri, How to Bake, MacMillan, 1996
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- 4 large egg whites (use pasteurized egg white powder for safe eggs)
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and water in a saucepan, or microwave, and bring to a boil, cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- In mixer bowl, beat egg whites, and 2 tablespoons sugar until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add hot syrup and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over warm pie filling, seal edges to crust and sprinkle with a few shreds of coconut, if desired.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until browned to your liking. Cool.