- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup almonds
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar or apple juice concentrate, mixed with ½ cup water
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons natural maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup dried fruit (raisins, apricot pieces, cherries or cranberries)
- Set oven to 350 °F.
- In a dry, ungreased skillet, mix the seeds together with the nuts.
- Stir frequently over a low flame, until you smell a toasty, warm scent. Alternately, you can toast the nuts and seeds in a pan in a toaster oven for 2 minutes on a low setting.
- Combine the nuts and seeds with all other remaining ingredients (except dried fruit) in a large bowl.
- Spread the resulting mixture on two cookie sheets.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden, flipping the mixture often using a spatula or spoon during baking.
- Take out of oven. Stir in dried fruit.
- Store in an airtight container.