Veggies on the grill can't be beat! This super-easy recipe shows you how simple it can be.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Prep Time: 10 minutes | Start to Finish: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Makes: 6 servings
- 12 pattypan squash , about 1 inch in diameter
- 2 red or green bell peppers, each cut into 6 pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into ½-inch slices
- ⅓ cup Italian dressing
- freshly ground pepper, if desired
- Place vegetables in rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches.
- Pour dressing over vegetables.
- Cover and let stand 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- Remove vegetables from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Place vegetables in grill basket  or directly on grill rack.
- Cover and grill vegetables 4 to 5 inches from medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, turning and brushing vegetables with marinade 2 or 3 times, until crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 55 ) | Total Fat 6 g (Saturated Fat 0g) | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 120 mg | Total Carbohydrate 8 g (Dietary Fiber 2 g) | Protein 1 g
- Percent Daily Value : Vitamin A 48% | Vitamin C 68% | Calcium 2% | Iron 2%
- Exchanges: 1½ vegetable | 1 fat
- ↑ One medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces, can be used in place of the squash. If you like mushrooms, go ahead and add them for the last 10 minutes of grilling.
- ↑ If you don't have a grill basket, make sure the vegetable pieces are large enough so they don't fall through the grill rack. Cut the vegetables the same size so they'll cook in the same amount of time. Or remove vegetables from the grill as they become done.
- ↑ Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.