Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours
This recipe creates a very tasty succulent ham and is so easy to prepare. I created the recipe 25 years ago when my brother and his wife showed up unexpectedly, and I had to rely on what was on hand to create a meal for 8 people My brother raved and raved about the flavor and texture of the ham, so I knew I'd created a winner. Since then I have used this technique for fixing ham for holiday and church potluck dinners. The leftovers make divine Monte Cristo sandwiches, split pea soup, minestrone, and chef salads.
- 1 x 3 – 4 lb precooked (not canned) boneless ham
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 x 12-ounce can lemon-lime soda pop
- 3 pieces of candied ginger
- 2 cloves
- Place ham in bottom of large crock pot.
- Arrange the sliced citrus alternately over the top of the ham.
- Next, sprinkle the brown sugar over the citrus and ham.
- Pour a little of the canned soda over the brown sugar, and then pour the rest of the soda in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place the candied ginger and cloves in the soda.
- Place lid on crock pot.
- Cook on high for one hour, and then turn the heat down to low and cook another three hours.
- Let ham sit for 15 minutes before slicing.