- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Baking time: 55 minutes
- Crush the graham crackers (I put 4 or 5 "cracker sheets" at a time into a sturdy plastic freezer bag and crush them with a rolling pin).
- Put cracker crumbs into a medium-sized bowl and pour melted butter/margarine over the crumbs.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Press into a 9x13 ungreased pan.
- 8 ounces of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened, condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can (21 ounces) of blueberry or cherry pie filling
- Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth (a minute or two).
- Add the lemon juice and egg and beat on high speed for another minute.
- Pour the batter over the graham cracker crust.
- Drop the canned pie filling into the batter by spoonfuls at evenly-placed intervals.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 55 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- LeAnn Ralph may be contacted at http://ruralroute2.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- LeAnn R. Ralph is the author of the books: "Christmas in Dairyland (True Stories from a Wisconsin Farm)" ( August 2003), "Preserve Your Family History (A Step-by-Step Guide for Writing Oral Histories)" (e-book, April 2004), and "Give Me a Home Where the Dairy Cows Roam" (Oct. 2004).
- You are invited to sign up for LeAnn's FREE! monthly e-mail newsletter, Rural Route 2 News & Updates.
- Visit — http://ruralroute2.com