Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is from the Taste of Home Best of Country Cooking 2007 and was submitted by Debbie Harris. This is so easy to make and has excellent flavor. I used regular rice and baked this a little longer before adding the cheese. I also use reduced-salt, 99% fat free broth.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 6
- 1¾ cups uncooked instant rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- garlic salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 (14½ ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ shredded Monterey jack cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spread the rice in a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with garlic salt and pepper; place over rice.
- In a bowl, combine the broth, picante sauce, tomato sauce, onion and green pepper; pour over the chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 55 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken juices run clear.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.