Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"This cake is a great holiday treat. Hope that you will enjoy it."
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Ready In: 2 Hours
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1¾ cups sifted cake flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 5 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 drops red food coloring
- ½ cup candy-coated milk chocolate eggs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 4 drops green food coloring
- cream butter or margarine and shortening.
- Add 1 cup sugar gradually, beating until mixture resembles whipped cream.
- Sift flour and baking powder together 3 times; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites carefully.
- Pour batter into two greased 8 inch round pans.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes at 375 °F (190 °C).
- Cool layers on wire racks.
Boiled icing Edit
- Place 1 cup sugar, water, ½ teaspoon vanilla, cream of tartar, 2 egg whites, and red food colouring in top of double boiler.
- Cook, beating constantly, until frosting is thick and creamy.
- Frost cake with icing.
- Make a nest of green coconut on top of cake, and fill nest with candy eggs.
- Sprinkle a border of coconut around base of cake.
- Makes 15 – 20 servings.
Green tinted coconut Edit
- Place coconut in a large plastic bag, put a few drops of green food color in the bag and shake until desired consistency is achieved.