Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- leg of lamb
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves
- 4 medium cloves garlic
- kosher salt
- freshly ground, black pepper
- olive oil, for basting
- ½ cup white or red wine
- Put the walnuts, cheese, and the olive oil in a food processor and pulse until pureed.
- Add the parsley and garlic and process to a smooth texture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Taste for salt and pepper and add if needed.
- Lay the lamb out flat on a large surface, skin side down.
- Cover the meat with a light coating of salt and pepper.
- Spread the pesto all over the meat in a nice layer.
- Now roll up like a jellyroll and tie with the string about 1 – 2" apart.
- Get it as tight as you can.
- Tie it lengthwise tucking the ends in.
- Place in a roasting pan and lightly oil the top and sides.
- salt and pepper the roast.
- Bake at 450 °F for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Lower the heat and bake at 350 °F for about 1 hour covered.
- Remove cover and continue to bake 30 minutes uncovered.
- Before the last ½ hour add ½ cup white or red wine to the pan.
- When done, remove the meat and let it rest at least 10 minutes before slicing.