Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- leg of lamb
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves
- 4 medium cloves garlic
- kosher salt
- freshly ground, black pepper
- olive oil, for basting
- ½ cup white or red wine
- Put the walnuts, cheese, and the olive oil in a food processor and pulse until pureed.
- Add the parsley and garlic and process to a smooth texture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Taste for salt and pepper and add if needed.
- Lay the lamb out flat on a large surface, skin side down.
- Cover the meat with a light coating of salt and pepper.
- Spread the pesto all over the meat in a nice layer.
- Now roll up like a jellyroll and tie with the string about 1 – 2" apart.
- Get it as tight as you can.
- Tie it lengthwise tucking the ends in.
- Place in a roasting pan and lightly oil the top and sides.
- salt and pepper the roast.
- Bake at 450 °F for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Lower the heat and bake at 350 °F for about 1 hour covered.
- Remove cover and continue to bake 30 minutes uncovered.
- Before the last ½ hour add ½ cup white or red wine to the pan.
- When done, remove the meat and let it rest at least 10 minutes before slicing.