Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 small jicama, peeled,quartered and thinly sliced (sengkuang)
- 1-2 unripe green mango
- 1 small pineapple, peeled,quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 green Apple, quartered,cored and thinly sliced
- 1 small guava, quartered and thinly sliced (preferably seedless)
- 1 star fruit, thinly sliced into stars
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pomegranate, peel and separate seeds
- 3 tablespoons skinless peanuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce (sweet)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil or palm oil
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar, finely chopped (gula melaka)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 birds eye chilis, finely chopped (cilipadi)
- Soak Apple slices for five minutes in a solution of 1 tbsp lime juice mixed with 1 cup water.
- Layer thinly-sliced fruit into a shallow glass dish, Or you may stack them in layers on individual plates/bowls.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve (this can be done several hours ahead).
- Toast peanuts and sesame seeds in 350F oven for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To make dressing, combine all the dressing ingredients (apart from the peanuts and sesame seeds) in a small bowl, stirring well.
- Add the sesame seeds and half the peanuts.
- Serve in a bowl alongside the salad.
- The remaining chopped peanuts should be offered as an additional garnish which guests can sprinkle on their salad.