This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Fisher Estate in Rockwall, Texas in 1980.
- 3 pound chicken cut up
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- Place chicken in single layer in glass dish.
- Combine water, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, turmeric, salt, paprika, curry powder and pepper then pour over chicken and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade brushing off as much of marinade as possible reserving marinade.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker then brown chicken a few pieces at a time and set aside.
- Return all chicken to pressure cooker then pour marinade over chicken.
- Close pressure cooker cover securely.
- Place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- Cook for 8 minutes at 15 pounds pressure with regulator rocking slowly.
- Cool pressure cooker at once.
- Remove chicken pieces to a warm platter.
- Mix cornstarch with cold water blend into hot liquid.
- Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Pour sauce over chicken.