Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Fisher Estate in Rockwall, Texas in 1980.
- 3 pound chicken cut up
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- Place chicken in single layer in glass dish.
- Combine water, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, turmeric, salt, paprika, curry powder and pepper then pour over chicken and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade brushing off as much of marinade as possible reserving marinade.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker then brown chicken a few pieces at a time and set aside.
- Return all chicken to pressure cooker then pour marinade over chicken.
- Close pressure cooker cover securely.
- Place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- Cook for 8 minutes at 15 pounds pressure with regulator rocking slowly.
- Cool pressure cooker at once.
- Remove chicken pieces to a warm platter.
- Mix cornstarch with cold water blend into hot liquid.
- Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Pour sauce over chicken.