Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9" X 13" pan.
- cream shortening and gradually add Sugar beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs all at one time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together flour, soda, salt and spices.
- Add alternately with buttermilk, blend well after each addition.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until done.