- 2 lb pork belly
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 x ¼ inch piece ginger, peeled
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 10 peppercorns
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tbsp dwenjang (Korean soy bean paste)
- 1 tbsp cheong joo (sake)
- 2 green onions
- 2 tbsp saewoojeot (salted small shrimp)
Ssam jang Edit
- 4 tbsp dwen jang (Korean bean paste)
- 1 tbsp gochoojang (Korean chili paste)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sesame seed
- Cut the meat into 2 – 3 inches in lengthwise.
- In a pot, add pork and cover with cold water.
- Add all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, let simmer for about an hour or an hour and a half.
- Take out the meat and let rest for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Slice very thinly.
- Serve with ssam jang and saewoojeot (salted small shrimp).