- 1 pie shell-9", uncooked
- ¼ tsp cloves
- 1 litre rhubarb, fresh
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 tsp butter, melted
- ¼ tsp salt
- Wash and trim rhubarb and cut into ½ inch slices-to make about 3½ cups.
- Place in unbaked pie shell.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, salt and spices.
- Blend in evaporated milk to the melted butter and add to the sugar mixture and pour all, over the rhubarb.
- Bake in a 400 °F oven for 25 minutes.
- Reduce temp to 375 °F and continue baking for 25 minutes.
- Cover with foil the last 10 minutes to prevent over-browning of crust.
- Cool and serve.