A nice sauce made out of peanut butter. Originally used on dishes like sateh, but nowadays also used on chips and anything else the Dutch can come up with.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 – 3 tsp cumin
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 300 g peanut butter
- 300 g ketchup
- milk or water
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- sambal oelek to taste
- Heat the oil and add the cumin. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic and a teaspoon of sambal. Stir well.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Add peanut butter. Cook for another few minutes, continue stirring.
- Then add the ketchup. Add milk (or water) to desired consistency, stir well.
- Blend in the ginger powder, again stirring well.