Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 medium-sized shallot, finely chopped
- 3-1/2 tbsp butter (50 g)
- 1-1/2 Tbsp grainy Groninger mustard (or other grainy mustard)
- 1-1/2 Tbsp smooth Groninger mustard (or other smooth mustard)
- 1/2 cup sifted flour (50 g)
- 4 1/5 cups chicken stock (1 liter)
- 1/2 cup cream or creme fraiche (100 ml)
- Salt & pepper
- Sautee the shallot in the butter.
- Add the mustard
- Now add the flour, and cook for a minute or two.
- Slowly pour in the stock to create a smooth soup.
- Add the cream.
- Cook until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Garnish with cripsy bacon bits and freshly chopped chives, cress or sauteed leeks.