Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A hearty soup for in the winter.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 slices Bacon
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup flour
- 8 cups beef broth
- 1 pinch thyme
- bay leaves
- 1 pinch mace
- ground fresh pepper
- 1 dash maggi seasoning or Kitchen Bouquet or soy sauce (Worcerstershire if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons Madeira wine or port wine
- 1/2 lb small cooked meatballs
- 1/4 lb fresh Mushrooms, whole if small or chopped
Add the flour and stir constantly for about 4– 5 minutes. Add 3 cups of the broth, stirring to avoid any lumps. Add the rest of the broth and push through a sieve, or use immersion blender to make a thick broth. Add the seasonings, the wine, meatballs and Mushrooms. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until the Mushrooms are barely cooked and the meatballs are heated through.