Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Bob Dowhy at World Recipes Y-Group
- from Good Housekeeping
- Serves 4.
- 4 pork loin chops
- 4 medium potatoes cut in to thin slices
- 3 carrots cut in to thin slices
- 2 medium onions thinly sliced
- 1 x 16 ounce can tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- 1 x 10 ounce package frozen peas
- Trim some fat from chops.
- Place fat in Dutch-oven over medium heat; cook fat until light brown.
- Using spoon press and rub fat over bottom of Dutch-oven.
- Discard extra fat.
- Add chops and cook until browned on both sides.
- Remove chops and set aside.
- In remaining fat cook potatoes, carrots and onions until lightly browned; stirring occasionally.
- Add salad oil if necessary.
- Return chops to Dutch-oven.
- Arrange vegetables over and around chops.
- Stir in tomatoes with there liquid and remaining ingredients except peas.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes or until chops and potatoes are tender.
- Add peas and heat through.