Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups of water about 120°F
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- Pour water into a mixing bowl, dissolve in the sugar and yeast.
- When the yeast has begun to grow and turns frothy, add the salt and 3½ cups of flour.
- Mix this in the bowl until it pulls away from the sides.
- Turn the dough, which will be quite soft, onto a lightly floured surface and knead it until smooth and elastic.
- Spray the bowl with PAM and return the dough to the bowl.
- Let rise until doubled, approximately 1½ hours.
- Knock it down, place on floured surface and break off marble sized pieces.
- Roll into balls and place them on surface to rise for twenty minutes.
- Cover them while they are rising.
- Place them in steamer over boiling water for about 30 minutes.
- These are excellent with a Chinese meal.