- Occasion: Any
- Effort: Easy
- Mix the first 14 ingredients, i.e. from the yogurt to the cumin seeds.
- Apply this mixture all over the meat pieces and let it marinate for 2 hours.
- Then fry the onions in the heated oil till they are light golden.
- Add the meat to the onions and stir occasionally.
- Cook till the meat is tender and flakes off slightly.
- When the oil floats on top, add coal to the dum i.e. put the piece of coal directly on a flame.
- When it becomes red put it on a small piece of roti or bread or a small receptacle made of aluminium foil.
- Place this in the pan containing the food.
- Pour 1 tsp of oil on the piece of coal.
- Immediately cover the pan with a lid for 5 minutes.
- This gives the food a barbecue flavour.
- Garnish with the coriander, mint and spring onion.
- Serve with hot rotis and lemon slices.