- Spread the prepared dulce de leche (see recipe) in a stainless steel or glass souffle dish with a spatula. Add nuts to the dulce de leche, if desired.
- Separate the eggs, and in a separate bowl, beat the whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Spread them over the dulce de leche.
- Beat the egg yolks and the sugar until they are creamy and spread over the egg whites.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven, 200°C / 405°F, for 12 minutes. Serve immediately.
- The dessert may also be made in individual dishes or molds.