Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dulce Argentino aka really yummy caramel roll cake. Passed on to me from my best friend's dad who is Cuban. An authentic dessert that's light but decadent.
- 1 hour 7 minutes
- 8 servings / 1 cake
- 5 eggs, separated
- 7 teaspoons self-rising flour
- 7 teaspoons sugar
- 1 dash vanilla
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 dash sweet vermouth
- Beat egg whites until fluffy.
- Add sugar, flour and egg yolks, beat 3-4 minutes.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Pour batter onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven 7 – 10 minutes at 350°F.
- Remove from oven and turn out onto damp cheese cloth and roll up.
- Wait to cool, then unroll.
- Pour 1 can Carnation sweetened condensed milk into boiler pan; cover.
- Place over boiling water, cook over water, stirring occasionally, for 60 to 75 minutes, or until thick and light caramel.
- Remove from heat, beat until smooth with dash of vermouth (make sure consistency is thick).
- Let caramel (dulce de leche) cool completely, place in refrigerator to cool.
- Spread dulce de leche on unrolled cake, then roll again.