Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living Holiday Dinners 1982
- 8 servings.
- 2 (5 to 5½ pound) dressed ducklings
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 2 medium apples
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 quart water
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 (16-oz) cans blackberries, undrained
- ¼ cup cointreau
- ¼ cup blackberry jam
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- Remove giblets and neck from ducklings, set aside.
- Prick fatty areas of ducklings (not breast) with a fork at intervals.
- Stuff each cavity with quartered onion and apple.
- Close cavity of ducklings with skewers.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fold neck skin under and place ducklings, breast side up, on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 2 hours or until drumsticks and thighs move easily.
- Discard onion and apples.
- Set ducklings aside, keep warm.
- Combine the reserved giblets and neck, 1 quart water, chopped onion, celery and carrots in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring well.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain mixture, reserving 2 cups of duck stock.
- Discard giblets, neck and vegetables.
- Drain blackberries, reserving 2 cups blackberry juice.
- Set blackberries aside.
- Combine scrapings from roasting pan, reserved blackberry juice, cointreau, and reserved duck stock in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, and boil 15 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Make a paste by combining jam, flour and butter.
- Gradually add to liquid in pan, stirring well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in blackberries.
- Cut ducklings in quarters; place under broiler to crisp skin.
- Transfer to serving platter.
- Serve with blackberry sauce.