Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Boboc de rata pe varza dulce
- 1 duckling
- 1 large can sauerkraut
- 3 tablespoons lard
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- a few peppercorns
- some borş
- some unripe tomatoes
- Clean, wash and salt the duckling.
- Let sit for one hour.
- In the meantime, fry the sauerkraut in lard, adding paprika, tomato sauce, pepper and salt (if needed).
- Add some borş and unripe tomatoes to give the dish a little tart taste.
- Arrange the sauerkraut in a uniform layer in a roasting pan and place the duckling on top.
- The duckling was previously dried and then greased with lard.
- Set into the oven and baste occasionally with the liquid in the pan.
- After the duckling has been roasted on one side, turn onto the other side.