Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 duck, cut up
- 1 onion, large
- 6 allspice berries
- 2 bay leaves
- available duck blood
- 4 ribs of celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 slice of rye bread, dark
- ¼ cup vinegar
- salt to taste
- Variation: omit carrots and celery, add 5 or 6 prunes.
- In glass or porcelain container, collect blood from a freshly killed duck.
- Immediately add 1 tbsp vinegar to keep blood from coagulating.
- Place cut-up duck into pot with 3 to 4 quarts of hot water.
- Add onion, spices, celery and carrots.
- Salt to taste.
- Cook about 2 hours.
- Skim as necessary to keep broth clear.
- When meat is tender, remove from broth, place in oven to keep hot.
- Strain broth into a stainless steel or enameled pot. Do not use aluminium.
- Crumble bread, add remainder of vinegar and duck blood to the broth.
- Bring to boil and reduce to simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden or stainless steel spoon.
- Serve hot.