Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Friptura de rata cu mere coapte
- Clean, wash and salt the duck.
- Introduce 2 smallish apples in its cavity.
- Place in the roasting pan with a tablespoon of lard and a few tablespoons of water.
- Set in the oven at high temperature and keep basting with the pan drippings.
- When the duck starts to brown, place the washed and dried apples around it and reduce the heat.
- As they bake, remove the apples from the pan, letting the duck in until done.
- When it is done, remove from the pan, slice, arrange on a platter with the apples around the meat.
- Put two tablespoons of water in the pan and let boil on top of the range.
- Strain this sauce and pour over the meat.