Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 8 servings.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 quarts boiling water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 3½- to 4-pounds duck cut up or 2 wild ducks
- 2 cups peeled, deveined raw shrimp
- 1 pint oysters
- 2 cups cooked tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced green onion tops
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons gumbo filé powder
- 6 cups cooked rice
- Fry bacon until crisp in heavy kettle.
- Add onion; cook until light brown.
- Stir in flour, then boiling water, salt and pepper.
- Stir well.
- Add ducks to kettle.
- Add more water to cover, if necessary.
- Cover and simmer 1½ hours.
- Cool; skim fat from top.
- Add shrimp, oysters and tomatoes; cook 10 minutes more.
- Remove from heat; add green onion tops, parsley and gumbo file.
- Serve over rice.