In Romanian: Uscatele
- 4 oz / 100 g confectioner's sugar
- 7 oz / 210 g butter
- 10 oz / 300 g flour
- 24 sour cherries from preserves
- Cream the butter with the sugar and vanilla.
- Mix well with flour.
- Make the dough into a roll and cut it into 24 equal pieces.
- Make a ball out of each piece.
- With your finger, make an indentation into the ball and place a dry bean in it.
- Place these balls onto the floured baking sheet, about 2 inches apart and bake at medium heat.
- When they are cold, remove the beans and replace with a sour cherry.