- Place spices in a heavy nonstick skillet or wok.
- Roast while stirring vigorously over medium/high heat. They will start to brown in about 30 sec.- 1 min.
- Reduce heat when this starts to happen. Continue to roast on low heat until they turn medium to dark brown.
- Remove from heat, transfer to another container and set aside to cool.
- Dry-roasted spices are best if used right away, but can be kept for about 1 week in airtight container.
- Dry-roasting is an age-old cooking process that imparts extra flavor to the foods.