Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Simms Estate in Duncanville, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 artichokes
- 8 ounces sambuca
- 8 ounces dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 small white onions minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Wash artichokes and spread leaves and place side by side in heavy large saucepan.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over artichokes.
- Cover saucepan tightly and cook over low flame for 45 minutes.
- Serve artichokes with pan juices spooned over them.