- Peel the plantains and cut them into 2-inch slices.
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter and brown the plantains slightly.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the sugar and mix in the browned plantains.
- Grease a Pyrex bowl and spoon in the plantain mix.
- Cover with orange slices and rind. In a bowl, mix the rum, the lemon juice, grated lemon and corn syrup.
- Pour this mixture over the plantains, orange slices and rind.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 35 minutes, dipping the plantains in its own juice.