- Chop the spinach and drumstick leaves finely.
- Wash both dals together.
- Drain, and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pressure cooker or pressure pan.
- Add the seeds, and allow it to splutter.
- Add the onions, stir-fry till transparent.
- Now add the tomato, all the powdered masalas, salt, dals.
- Add half cup of water, cover the cooker, and allow one whistle.
- When the cooker steam has subsided, open the lid.
- Churn very gently with a manual churner.
- Dissolve wheat flour in the remaining water, and add to the curry.
- Cook the curry again, simmering for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small pan.
- Add asafoetida, ginger, garlic, chilli, and allow it to sizzle.
- Pour the sizzling tempering into the curry, cover with a loose lid.
- Keep aside for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Serve hot with plain steamed rice, Coconut Rice or rotis.