- 1 cup dried fruit
- 2 cups pineapple, diced
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp flour or cornstarch
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- ½ tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Boil the dried fruit and pineapple in water until tender.
- Add the Sugar and flour or cornstarch, blended with a little water, and cook over a low heat, stirring continuously until boiling.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the nuts, lemon juice and rind. Leave to cool.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate or pan with the pastry, reserving some for the crust. Spread with the cooled filling.
- Cover top with pastry and make two slits. Bake in a moderate oven for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and dredge with fine Sugar.