- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme OR half the amount of dried thyme
- Combine dried cherries, preserves and vinegar in a small microwave-safe bowl; mix well.
- Microwave on High (100% power) 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, or until hot.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in red onion, yellow and green bell pepper and thyme; mix well.
- Refrigerate, covered, 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve as a sauce with roast Turkey or Chicken.
- This relish is also good with grilled hamburgers.