Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Neely Estate in Waxahachie, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 head cabbage
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1 pinch nutmeg or mace
- ½ teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Shred the cabbage.
- Melt half the butter in heavy pot then add cabbage and toss until covered with the butter.
- Add bacon grease and cover then cook gently for 20 minutes.
- Add nutmeg or mace and flour.
- Stir well then add remaining butter and toss until melted into the cabbage.
- Sprinkle with pepper.