Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serves 10-16, depending on portions; it is very rich.
- 3/4 stick real butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3 x large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond flavoring
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
Filling Layer # 1 (white chocolate Ganache) Edit
- 1 bag 12 oz white baking morsels
- 1/3 cup cream
Filling Layer #2 Edit
- 12 oz sliced almonds
Filling Layer # 3 Edit
Filling Layer # 4 (and topping) Edit
- Cream butter and Sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each one is added, then add vanilla and almond flavor.
- cream again for about 2 minutes. In separate bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
- Add ½ of the half and half and ½ of the flour mixture to butter/Sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add remaining half and half and flour mixture and mix well.
- Grease and lightly dust with flour 4, 8- inch cake pans, preferably stainless steel for even cooking.
- Fill each pan with about ¼ of the batter and carefully shake each pan back and forth until batter is evenly distributed.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12–15 minutes, until just done.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, lightly covered to prevent drying.
Filling Layer #1 Edit
- Place morsels in microwaveable bowl and pour cream over them.
- Melt in microwave 20 seconds at a time, stirring after each 20 second interval, until smooth.
For Filling Layer #3 Edit
- Mix ingredients well, until smooth in medium bowl.
For Filling Layer #4 Edit
- Beat cream on high for 3 minutes, until soft peaks start to form in large glass bowl.
- Add Sugar and vanilla and continue to beat with mixer another 2–5 minutes, until it forms stiff peaks.
To Assemble Edit
- Note: All steps can be done the day ahead, reserving final assembly to 2 hours before serving.
- Remove cooled cake layers from pans and place on wire racks, two to a rack.
- Spread each cake with white chocolate ganache, including sides (a scraper or butter knife works well on the sides).
- While ganache is still soft, cover the top only with a layer of thinly sliced almonds, pressing them slightly into the ganache.
- Place in freezer for 10–20 minutes to set the ganache.
- Remove from freezer and spread the cream cheese layer over the almonds.
- Refrigerate at least ½ an hour (can be refrigerated, covered, 24 hours).
- The final assembly can be done 2 hours before serving.
- To assemble, place a cake on a serving plate and spread a ½ inch or thicker, layer of the chilled, sweetened whipped cream over the top, creating thick Scallops at the very edge.
- Place the second cake layer on top and continue until all 4 cake layers are stacked high.
- Spoon remaining whipped cream onto the top of the torte and using a spoon, create deep valleys and peaks in the cream.
- Sprinkle with any combination of garnishes listed above.
- Large, sparkling, bake and melt-proof white sugar, white, gold or silver edible glitter.
- Chill in refrigerator at least one hour before serving.
- Serve chilled with orange-tinged or spiced hot chocolate and gourmet coffees.