- 1½ cups dry textured soy protein, the large chunky kind
- 1¼ cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 tablespoon KAL nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoon vegetarian chicken broth powder
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced thin
- 2 carrots, finely grated
- ½ of a medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- 3 tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds
- vegan mayo type product of your choice
- Mix the boiling water, tamari, broth mix and yeast together.
- Add textured soy protein and allow to soak 45 – 60 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly (save the broth for soup stock).
- Combine celery, carrots, onions and drained textured soy protein.
- Add the vegan mayo and mix well.
- Sprinkle the celery salt and pumpkin seeds in, mix again.
- Serve on whole grain vegan bread or whole grain pita adding thinly tomato, pickle and/or alfalfa sprouts of your choosing.
- Perfect for a lunch with cup of KAL broth (2 tbsp KAL yeast in a cup of hot water, stirred well).
- This will keep in the fridge for several days and will make eight smaller sandwiches or six larger ones.