Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is the first recipe I made using my newly refurbished CE. I did not use a rack or helper handles. I did use the browning feature, though. I made the sauce and then added the browned shanks to the sauce and proceeded to cook under pressure. They turned out wonderfully! We all loved them.
- Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 3½ lbs lamb shanks (trim of as much fast as possible)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 can regular Dr. Pepper, not diet
- 1 can (14½ ounces) diced tomatoes
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 packet dry taco seasoning mix
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro, packed
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large pressure cooker and brown lamb on all sides, set aside.
- Saute onion, cilantro and garlic.
- Stir in cola, undrained tomatoes, celery, and taco seasoning mix.
- Add the rack.
- Use foil helper handles to lower the lamb into the cooker.
- Lock the lid in place and cook 25 – 30 minutes or until done to desired finish.
- Use natural release method.