Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Reinhart Estate in Ida, Oklahoma in 1992. Dated 1941. I make this at least 4 times over the summer when the corn is good and sweet. Yummy.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 4 dried chilies
- ½ pound salted butter
- 1 small white onion, chopped fine
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 to 4 cups fresh sweet corn kernels
- Deseed and toast chiles in 200°F oven for 5 minutes.
- Pulverize the chilies and reserve.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Add the Onion and sauté until softened about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano, seasonings, and cream mix well.
- Stir in the pulverized chilies and let the mixture simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the corn kernels and simmer 2 to 3 minutes more.