Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This one came from our next door neighbor who was like a second mother to us. I have never obtained a taste for greens, but my siblings would always go hog wild when Clara made these for them. She is no longer with us, but truly one of the best country or home cooking cooks I have ever known. Unfortunately, most of her recipes were in her head, but my mother made her write this one down in 1974, but it is much older than that.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 ham hocks
- 1 whole white onion
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 medium bunches collard greens, shredded
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Put ham hocks and onion in 4 cups water in large pot.
- Simmer partially covered for 1 hour.
- Remove onion from broth and discard.
- Add chicken stock and collards.
- Cook 30 minutes over medium heat.
- Add additional salt if desired.