Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chocolate flavoured biscuit cake
- 1 packet Marie biscuits, broken into small almond-sized pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 90 g drinking chocolate
- 90 g cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 100 g sugar
- 250 g unsalted butter, softened
- 100 g almonds, blanched, lightly roasted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons almonds, blanched, lightly roasted and roughly chopped
- Grease a loaf tin with ½ teaspoon of melted butter.
- Place the cocoa, drinking chocolate and softened butter in a large mixing bowl and using a fork, blend the mixture together until it becomes a thick paste; add the chopped almonds and stir well.
- In a small saucepan add the water and sugar and cook over moderate heat, stirring continuously until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the syrup over the butter mixture and stir until they are well incorporated.
- Fold in the eggs and, last, fold in the broken biscuits.
- Stir gently until the chocolate mixture coats the biscuits well.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf tin, and with a wooden spoon press the mixture firmly down into the tin.
- Cover with foil, place in the fridge and leave overnight.
- To take cake out of the tin just simply dip the bottom into boiling water and turn cake upside down over a serving dish.
- Sprinkle the top with the chopped almonds and serve.