Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: ~ 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yields: 8 servings
This is a thick and hearty chili with some good heat that will warm you up and fill you up too. Makes a great meal all by itself. Best served with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese on top. Even better with some good southern corn bread on the side!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups diced onion - yellow or white
- 3 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 5 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 large carrots, chopped into ½ inch slices
- 3 – 4 medium red potatoes, chopped into 1 inch cubes - about 2 cups
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 x 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 x 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 15 ounce can of red kidney or pinto beans
- 1 cup black coffee - even better if you can do French press
- 1½ cups dark beer of your choice
Spice Mix Edit
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Brown the beef in a 6 quart pot over medium heat until juices begin to simmer.
- Add the onion, jalapeños, garlic, and spice mix and continue simmering until beef is no longer pink.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, crushed tomatoes, coffee and beer and stir well.
- Add black and red beans last and mix in gently.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour until chili is thick.
- Portion into bowls, top with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, serve with corn bread, and enjoy!